Composing a Persuasive Research Paper Introduction Sample
Introduction is the opening part of your research paper, therefore it has to capture the readers’ attention and acquaint them with the main points of your investigation.
A persuasive introduction sample explains what results you want to achieve and how are you going to achieve them. It should convince the readers that the topic you have developed in it is important in the context of modern scientific advances.
Tips on Writing a Persuasive Research Paper Introduction
- Start with composing an outline for your paper as it’s a proven way to write a well-structured introduction. If your paper doesn’t have the outline, compose a plan to make sure you didn’t forget to mention any serious details in your introduction.
- Write the introduction in the laconic and neat manner, follow the points structured in the outline of your paper. To make the reader curious about the outcome of the work, formulate a clear and thought-provoking problem in the end of the introduction. A successfully chosen hypothesis will help you carry out the experiments in the right direction and show what your exact aim is.
- Dwell on the preceding research in this sphere and describe some remarkable achievements of your predecessors. There is no need for a deep excursion into history, just briefly explain the situation.
- State why the problem you investigated came up to be on issue at the moment. To make it more persuasive, mention the things that make your work important and different from others in the field. You can also present the methods you used to achieve the goals set to make the possible outcome more predictable.
- Prepare your reader for inaccuracies and drawbacks of your experiment in advance and clarify the reasons for them. Thus, they can then decide upon the credibility of your project and make their own judgments about it.
- Formulating good assumptions will help you and the reader delineate the framework within which the work is done. So, remember to mention them in your introduction sample.
In case you have some trouble with composing the introduction part, don’t panic. Many scientists skip this stage and return to writing it after finishing the rest of the paper. Such an approach may also prevent you from correcting the introduction if any changes occur while writing the main part.